On Saturday evening we headed over to our church for their Halloween Eve party. It was totally different than what Ben and I had envisioned... I really don't know what we were expecting, but we were apparently way off! I guess we were expecting there would be stuff for us to do together as a family, like games or activities, but there was really nothing there to do but wander the hallway (which was crammed with tons of people) and trick or treat the 5 rooms upstairs. There was a professional gun slinger there who did a little show, but I think he made a few people mad by scaring their kids with his loud, blank shooting guns... my girls loved him, but nobody attending had any idea he would be there, so he was kind of a strange surprise for the evening. There was also a cardboard maze, but the line to get in was so crazy we decided against it and you could check out the main auditorium all decked out for the supernatural series. So the night kind of felt like a hey, come check out our cool new building with recent addition, instead of Halloween Party, which slightly sucks because they could have done way more with what we have than what was there. Hopefully next year will be a little less about us as a church and little more about the community we wanted there.


This picture pretty much summed up the evening for us...
The gun slinger... I felt kind of bad for him, about halfway through his show about half of his audience left.
Downstairs trying to make our way up...
Finally made it upstairs, but unfortunately the girls were more than done with waiting in lines and people by this time... it was pretty chaotic.
No comments:
Post a Comment