Thursday, August 12

First Day of Kindergarten...

So, today's the day... Lizzie's fist day of school! I can't believe that it's here so quickly and that I have a child old enough to be in grade school, it's just so wrong... I'm not that old yet! Today has been kind of mixed bag for me. Lizzie's crazy excited, she's been asking since 9 this morning if we could go to school (we're doing pm K which doesn't start until 11:25), which makes me super excited for her, but at the same time I'm not ready for summer to come to an end or for her be gone for such a huge chunk of our day, everyday, but I think it'll be good for all of us. We deliberately chose pm so we could all hangout together in the mornings and then during the time Lizzie's in school Abby takes her nap, which makes it easier on her... she misses Lizzie terribly when she's gone, plus I finally get to have some much needed time for myself... to eat lunch and enjoy some peace and quiet, to catch up on some reading, and even work on my shop. I still can't get over how crazy fast school shoves your family into a totally different routine and it's only day one!


 Complete with matching LPS band-aid from falling up the stairs yesterday!

 Even when we were there she couldn't wait to get inside her classroom

 Silly and excited... teachers must have a fun first day back

2 comments: