Happy mother's day all you mamas out there (and yes I am fully aware that it's almost June)! For my special day the girls, Ben and I took a trip to Ventura just to wander the parts we haven't seen yet, which are numerous. We started at the Seaward beach district and enjoyed the sand for a little bit then walked a block down the street to Seaward's Fish and Chips and had the best fish and chips and chowder I have ever had in my life. So much closer than Carpinteria too! Then we headed downtown to wander Main St, browsed antique shops, played outside the mission, enjoyed some much needed Starbucks and headed down to the pier to enjoy even more sand and so the girls could play at the playground on the beach. After we played for a bit we headed down to Ventura Harbor Village where we played in the arcade, ate way too must salt water taffy and watched the sunset into the ocean. The perfect way to end a most perfect day.
Enjoying the sand before lunch
Waiting for our lunch... so serious!
Always stealing mama's drink!
Mmm... so good!
Playing in the fountain outside the Mission
Nothing beats a playground right on the sand!
Abby was crazy good at this... it was almost scary!
Look what I won mama!
Watching the sunset
I think it was more than time to end the day!
No comments:
Post a Comment