Sunday, December 21

Our Trip to Grandma's House...

Well, we managed to make it all the way up to Seattle on Thursday. It was a rather long day... as is any day when you travel with little kids. Ben and I woke up at 5am so we'd have time to finish some last minute packing, transfer the carseats and get everyone ready before our flight at 9:50am. It was an interesting morning, our flight from Burbank was delayed 45 minutes because we didn't have a pilot and then when we arrived in Oakland we were delayed another 4ish hours because the airport in Seattle was shut down for a little while and then reopend with only one runway. I found it rather ironic that we were stuck in a place that we use to call home. If the delay had been any longer Ben and I would have been totally fine with that... we really wanted to ditch the airport and go see some of our friends there anyways. The girls did really well, for the most part anyways. Abby slept the whole time on the first flight and then Lizzie did the same on the second one, it was a nice trade off. When we arrived in Seattle there was snow everywhere. Ben and I couldn't remember the last time we had seen snow and it was Lizzie's very first time. She thought it was pretty neat, Abby does not like it at all though, it's way too cold for her, that's my little California girl. It's so strange to see it so snowy up here, normally it never happens... it's a very nice treat. I'm more than a little cold though... I think I've been in California for way too long too.


Abby sleeping in Ben's lap on the plane... it will probably be one of the last times she gets to fly without a seat.


Lizzie fast asleep with Abby's feet in her face!

Playing on grandpa's deck out in the snow the night we arrived.

Abby and I stayed indoors where it was nice and warm

That is until Ben wanted her to join in on the fun

No comments:

Post a Comment