Sunday, November 2

Trick-or-Treat on Halloween Night...

On Halloween night Lizzie, Abby, and I got together with some friends from my mom's group for a dinner party and then we all went house to house trick-or-treating. Unfortunately Ben wasn't able to join us that night because he was at home in bed with the flu. He's still a little ticked off that he missed Lizzie's first year of actual walking around going door to door, going completely crazy because random people she did not know were handing her tons and tons of candy. He's also more than a little bummed he didn't get so say one finally goodbye to Heidi, Nathaniel and the rest of the family before moving to North Carolina the next morning. It's been a rather awful weekend for Ben, poor guy. But the girls and I had a lot of fun. The bumble bee (Abby) and the little ladybug (Lizzie) returned for another visit this week. I absolutely loved how both of the girls costumes turned out this year. I still can't believe I managed to make them both in time and have them turn out halfway decent. It took me forever to find Lizzie's little apron/skirt fabric... nobody has red with black polka dots anywhere. I finally found a cloth napkin at CostPlus World Market (of all places). :) Abby's was my favorite, with her little wings and chunky cheeks, but don't tell Lizzie that! Shannon's neighborhood was so awesome for walking around too. So many houses decked out with decorations, lots of kids running everywhere, lighted streets with an easy walk for the kids, and people just hanging out on their patio furniture passing out candy drinking wine. I was giving Shannon a hard time for not letting us in on the neighborhood secret. I think next year I'm going to have to bring my own glass and "trick-or-treat" with her!

Abby Bee hiding among all the kids.

The Lizzie and Neela tag team.

Patiently waiting for someone to answer the door.

These two were so cute that night walking down the street holding hands.

Look mom, more candy, spoken every time she left another house. Everyone thought she was hilarious. She was so extremely excited to the point random people were asking how much candy she had consumed that night... none I swear. That's just how she is!

I still can't believe she never fell asleep... she had way too much fun watching all the kids.

Lizzie was a little hesitant with some of the houses that were decorated. There was definitely a couple that completely freaked her out.


Bring up the rear of the group with Shannon's two princesses.


It was a fun night, thanks again Shannon for having us all over, wish Ben could have joined us though, but we brought back lots and lots of candy and Lizzie had a ton of stories to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment