Saturday, December 22

The First Couple Days at Home...

I cannot begin to tell you how nice it's been to be at home instead of stuck in a little room at the hospital and so far we're not going back (we don't want a repeat of last time were I go back to the hospital). It feels like it's been a busy last couple of days though, I don't know maybe it's just the lack of sleep that makes it feel that way. ;) Abby had her very first bath... which she absolutely hated by the way, she's definitely not a water lover like Lizzie is. I also had my first post surgery check up on Friday... yeah no more itchy staples! My appointment went really well... no fever, no high blood pressure, no infections, and I'm apparently healing quite nicely. So far no issues and I'd like to keep it that way. I don't have another appointment until after the new year, but Abby has her first baby doctor visit this next Monday (Christmas Eve). She's doing extremely well so I can't imagine the appointment taking very long. She's such a quiet little baby. So content and mellow... completely polar opposite of Lizzie (it's a very nice contrast actually).

Speaking of Lizzie I think she's finally, slowly adjusting to having a new baby around all the time. That first night we brought Abby home was a complete and total mess. I had never seen Lizzie throw a tantrum to the likes of that before. Good thing that was the only one she's had. At least she doesn't get mad when you talk about Abby any more, but she's extremely possessive of her daddy. To the point were Ben can't even hold the baby if he's doing something with Lizzie. Lizzie's also a little confused when it comes to certain things like bedtime and why she has to go to bed when the baby gets to stay up with us (or so it seems to her) or why Abby gets to sleep in our room every night when she has to sleep in her own bed. Poor girl, I'm sure she'll mellow out over time... we'll just have to wait and see. Well it's time for another cup of coffee! ;)




1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:41 PM

    Congrats you guys! She's beautiful! And such a lovely name. Suites her, and your family, quite well!

    I'm sorry i'm so late to the party, I came to "check in" but the little bugger beat me by over a week!

    Do email me your address :)

    ReplyDelete